Monday, September 11, 2006

Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That...Ends

Hi. My name's Brian. You may know me, or someone vaguely like me. But that's okay, nobody really looks like themselves anymore.

So, let me introduce myself. I'm a twentysomething Northern Virginian who's had enough of the nightmarish traffic jams and the whiny, self-entitled, overly wealthy douchebags in the DC area. I also happen to be in the process of moving lock stock and barrel to the Charlottesville area.

Somehow, I got a wild hair up my ass and decided to jump in and start a blog. Which is, of course, a recipe for big honking failure just like every other blog out there. A very good friend of mine, who goes by the name Mediocre Fred on this here internet, used to write a highly entertaining and funny daily blog for a few years, but eventually wound up hanging it up. And he's a fucking writer. (He occasionally contributes to another blog these days, The Frinklin and Fred Show, which is cool)

So here's how this thing is going to go down. I'm going to start writing this thing, basically whenever I feel like it. Then I'll get either: a) busy with work, b) mixed up in real-life crap, c) bored with the damn thing, or d) all of the above, and e) drop this thing like a flaming bag of shit . (But hey, at least I admit it.)

So be forewarned. This is a two- or three-week project, at most. But I'll try to have fun with it, in a stream-of-consciousness, Mitch Hedberg sort of way. If you're still tracking with me, thanks.

Everyone ready? Good. Here we go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home