Monday, October 02, 2006

I (Also) Love This Guy


He's pitcher Zech Zinicola, a minor leaguer who recently moved his way up through the Washington Nationals system to Class AA Harrisburg and may be pitching in the majors before too long. He'll be playing winter ball in Hawaii (Christ, what a cherry gig...) for the Waikiki Beach Boys before playing again in the Nationals system next year.

The word on Zinicola is that he's crazy, in that fire-eating Chad Cordero, Spaceman Bill Lee sort of way. Which I totally believe after a well-meaning, but possibly deranged BPGer found the guy's MySpace site. I'll quote a few lines from Zech's Q&A:

Your Weakness: milfs

Your Fears: cops and hieghts

Your Perfect Pizza: w/ a beer

Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year: sleep with a milf

Thoughts First Waking Up: God Dammit

In the past month have you Drank Alcohol: don't get me started

What country would you most like to Visit: Amsterdam, it's not a country but i want to visit it soon

Number of Drugs I have taken: no comment

Like I said above, I love this guy. He's my new favorite ballplayer of all-time.

Oh, and if you're not a baseball fan, well, sorry.



UPDATE: Okay, so I'm only a month late on this, but apparently, Zinicola was replaced by single-A prospect Adam Carr on the Waikiki roster, so he didn't go to Hawaii after all. Sorry.

4 Comments:

At October 03, 2006 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly, it doesn't get any better than this guy. If Joey Eischen is through, I'm glad we've got ol' Zech waiting in the wings. I can't wait for his first post-game interview.

 
At October 03, 2006 12:36 PM, Blogger B.C. said...

I'm not ready to give up on Eischen yet. I still fully expect him to charge through the CF gate (literally) on a motorcycle and jump through a hoop of fire on Opening Day next year.

And then hand-slaughter a cow or three.

 
At October 03, 2006 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, absolutely, I expect Eischen to do all those things as well. I just don't expect him to *pitch.*

 
At October 04, 2006 1:36 PM, Blogger B.C. said...

He ought to call up Rod Beck. Maybe they could room together now that the E-man's walking the bread line. At least he could give the guy tips on living in a trailer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home